Here you’ll find some questions answered about how we collect, use and store your data. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
In very basic terms I totally respect your personal information and will only ask you for what information I really need from you. Will look after it in the same way I would want mine looking after, keeping it secure! I will only share it with others where I need their help to deliver my service to you (such as my professional printing laboratory who may need your name and address to post your purchases). Be assured that I will never share your information in any other circumstances – nor will I sell it on elsewhere! Here are more details –
1. What information do we collect?
1.1 When you book a photoshoot or wedding I need to collect a variety of information from you in order to deliver my service, and I will manage your personal data transparently, fairly and securely. This may include:
– Name, address and contact information (phone number and email address) of person making
the booking and other important people in the wedding or photoshoot
– Details of location and times of wedding or photoshoot
– Details and notes taken in pre-wedding or pre-photoshoot meeting, and during the session to help
us remember details of your session.
– We will also record a date of birth for all persons we photograph under the age of 13 and require the parent or a legal guardian to consent to photography.
1.2 If you email us or send us messages via social media, these will be stored within that email or social media account. they are stored to allow us to provide you with better future services.
2. Who is collecting the data?
2.1 This data is being collected by FJS Photography, 15 Milton Way, Houghton Regis, LU5 5UF.
3. How is it it being collected?
3.1 The majority of our data is being collected directly from you, when you fill in the online contact form, wedding or photoshoot contracts or face to face, via the telephone or via email or other message.
3.2 We also are given brides information by third parties, for example UKBride.com. This data is given to us when you request a quote or more information through this site, we receive an email with your details on it to allow us to contact you and provide our service to you.
4. Why is it being collected?
4.1 The majority of the data we collect about you is in order to provide you with the service you have requested, for example needing to have your contact details and information regarding your wedding day (time, locations) in order to be able to provide photography of your wedding.
4.2 We are required by law to collect and store certain information relating or any service you pay for or order you place with us, in order to comply with HMRC regulations.
5. How will it be used?
5.1 Data we collect will be used to provide your requested service to you.
5.2 FJS Photography may internally analyse data for business purposes.
6. Who will it be shared with?
6.1 We take your privacy very seriously, and would never sell your data to third party organisations.
6.2 There are very select situations where some of your data may be shared with third parties in order to provide our services to you:
-Delivery and postal services: to enable us to send you orders you have placed, and to send
wedding clients your personalised USB that is part of your package (information shared would be
Name and Address)
-Manufacturers (printing labs): if you have made an order and it is being sent to you straight from
the lab (information shared would be name and address, and in some cases email address/phone
-There are also certain situations in which we may share access to your personal data without your explicit consent; for example, if required by law, to protect the life of an individual, or to comply with any valid legal process, government request, rule or regulation.
7. How do we keep your personal data secure?
7.1 We keep your data secure with password protected computer systems and back up systems, and by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology when information is submitted to us online.
7.2 In the unlikely event of a criminal breach of our security we will inform the relevant regulatory body within 72 hours and, if your personal data were involved in the breach, we will also inform you.
8. How long is the data stored for?
8.1 Most data we collect is stored indefinitely. This allows us to provide a better service to you should you contact us again in the future.
8.2 We are legally required to store certain data for a certain amount of time: e.g. sales and payments records for tax reasons for seven years etc.
9. Your rights
9.1 You have the right:
– the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
– the right of access to your personal data and any supplementary information
– the right to have any errors in your personal data rectified
– the right to have your personal data erased
– the right to block or suppressing the processing of your personal data
– the right to move, copy or transfer your personal data from one IT environment to
– the right to object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, and
– rights related to automated decision-making (i.e. where no humans are involved) and
profiling (i.e. where certain personal data is processed to evaluate an individual).
10. More information
10.1 If you would like any clarification on our information collection, storage or use, please get in touch.
10.2 At FJS Photography, we are fully compliant with EU GDPR Regulations.
11. Our details
11.1 This business is owned and operated by Nicki Spendelow, of FJS Photography.11.2 Our registered address is: 15 Milton Way, Houghton Regis, Bedfordshire, LU5 5UF
11.3 You can contact us in writing to the above address, or by email to [email protected]